Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 4

Good Grief....

Well, needless to say, I fell behind last week.  It was our teacher work week last week and there just weren't enough hours in the day.  I'm currently the outgoing Technology Director AND a full time teacher.  Since we haven't hired a new director yet, it's still me.  So...that meant that last week was all about everyone else.  I had to come in on Saturday just to make my classroom minimally ready for the first day.  That meant dusting and throwing out my trash.  I came home and continued to work.  Then I spent all day Sunday prepping for the rest of the details for the week.

Let me paint a picture of my Sunday.  I spent about three hours working in the morning - lesson plans, setting up Google accounts, trying to figure out our new testing program, etc.  I roasted a whole chicken.  I prepped lunches for my son.  I did ALL the laundry.  I picked out my clothes for the week.  I cooked dinner.  I made chicken stock.  Seriously.  I swear I'm taking no drugs.  I just have that amazing Whole 30 clarity of mind that allowed me to put together a massive to-do list and knock it out of the park.  I haven't felt that accomplished in ages.

Unfortunately, I forgot to blog.  So here we are on Thursday, because despite the extra energy, nobody is infallible.  I'm TIRED.  I've been getting about 6 hours of sleep each night and working my butt off, so I'm wiped.  I'm still playing catch up from my back log last weekend, so it's been just a constant push with little down time.  I literally fell asleep on the couch at 8 p.m. last night.

I apologize for being late, but this week has been even busier than the typical first week of school.  Hopefully, I will make up for lack of sleep this weekend and start next week fresh. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment