I can't believe I've completed 8 weeks already. Here's the thing about Whole 30 - you need to plan. You need to prep ahead of time. You need some go-to recipes that don't take a ton of time to prep.
My first round of Whole 30, I was spending hours and hours each week prepping and cooking. It was exhausting! I had to search and find a whole new set of recipes to use. All of them were new to me and it took some time to figure out what was worth it and what wasn't. Now I have a nice little collection of recipes on Pinterest that I go back to over and over again.
I also have some simple methods of cooking veggies that make the process far simpler. There is nothing better than roasted sweet or regular potatoes - a little olive oil, salt, pepper, broil. In about 30 minutes, you have the most divine side dish. My other go-to is just a simple veggie steam. It keeps so much of the nutrients in the veggies and it works for so many different kinds - broccoli, green beans, artichokes.
I keep lunches simple and take leftover or make some tuna salad - make your own mayonnaise! It's easy and yummy! Then I make a version of this casserole that lasts me most of the week for breakfasts.
Whole 30 is doable for a long stretch. You just can't let your brain win the addiction battle. I definitely eyeball much of my son's food, like the honey Greek yogurt he had in his lunch today, but I just tell myself it's against the rules. I'm okay as long as I plan. It's the times I don't plan that trip me up. The moral of the story? Plan, plan, plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment