Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 5

I can't tell you how shocked I was to realize yesterday that I have already completed 5 weeks of Whole 30.  While the first week felt rather long, the total length of time feels as if it has flown by.  I know starting back to work has definitely helped with that feeling, but I think it's also due to the fact that the Whole 30 lifestyle is not very foreign to me.

It was a huge help this week that I did a ton of prep work over the weekend.  I didn't have to spend too much energy trying to figure out what I was going to eat each day and that makes the temptation to stray off plan significantly less.

Planning also helped me survive a Labor Day celebration with family and friends.  It was funny.  I got some raised eyebrows for not eating what everyone else was, but nobody said anything.  I was even preparing what I was going to say, but I never had to.

Aside from being exhausted from the start of the school year and trying to figure out how to juggle my own schedule and my son's schedule, it was a pretty uneventful week.  Food was the easy part of the week.  I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment