Monday, August 15, 2016

Bring On The Mental Focus

Week 2

Ah, the headaches finally subsided.  I dealt with some fatigue during the middle of the week and indulged in a fabulous nap.  By the end of the week, the lovely mental focus had returned.

I commented to my husband Saturday night, that I really just need to stick with Whole 30 forever, because my mental clarity is apparent.  I feel the change as such an obvious difference that I can't believe how often I operate in a fog.  It's crazy.  I can organize my thoughts.  I can set goals and achieve them.  Only two weeks in and I already feel so much better.

We moved into our new house back in May.  I have been promising myself since mid-June that I would square everything away and get it all unpacked before the end of the summer, when I go back to work.  Well I go back on Monday.  Right.  Here is my living room today.



I have attempted over and over again to tackle this disaster.  I would dig into a box and get distracted or discouraged.  Never mind, I'll read instead.  Or play on my tablet.  Or check Facebook.  BAH.

Last week I finally dug out our office, forced my husband to make some decisions, sorted through every box in that room and made decisions about where things should go, finally made a million doctors and dentist appointments I've been putting off, and posted a ton of stuff for sale on Facebook.  Oh, and plowed through about 500 pages of the 5th Outlander book.  BOOM.

I'm only sorry I waited all summer to start the healing.  Maybe this little record will help me in the future.

One other side note, I am realizing that many of my other symptoms are fading - the itchy arm, the achy toe.  I did tweak my back, though, so joint pain is still hanging in there.  Looking forward to more improvements, maybe a little weight loss, and more improvement to my mental state.

No comments:

Post a Comment